While The Meadows and The Black Forest biomes are to an extent easier to deal with while exploring, the same cannot be said about the third location, the infamous Swamps. Between its detrimental enemies, wicked wetland terrains, and cryptic dungeons, The Swamps is a type of biome that will definitely sweep you off your feet unexpectedly.Let’s dive deeper in Valheim Biomes.
This guide will share with you everything you need to know about this jeopardizing territory in Valheim, show you how to endure all the dangers including how and where to find them, prepare for it, and what kind of treasures and foes you’ll be expecting.
How to find the Swamps
: since each world in Valheim generates locations differently, searching for the Swamps entails some good old-fashioned investigation . Generally, it is highly unlikely that the Swamps generate on lands that are attached to the landmass where you were first spawned. Before starting, you need to build a boat ; we recommend a karve because it is much faster and can resist serpents attacks better than a raft. Swamp biomes will be located within the large landmasses that surround your starting point. However, they will be separated by the ocean.
How to prepare for the Swamps
- It’s no surprise that the Swamps are dangerous, yet they provide a much better experience while venturing fully prepared. For that reason, you will need the following supplies :
- A full set of bronze armor and weapons + a decent buckler shield. To make this type of armor begin by mining and smelting copper and tin ore. Afterwards, forge the combination together at your workshop .
- Enemies in Swamps usually are deficient against blunt damage, so maces will do a better job than swords.
- Food is very important to keep your vigor going, we recommend cooked meat, berries, and honey for quick healing.
In order to survive and thrive, you will need to keep the following tips in mind:
- Build a portal at your home base and give it the swamp tag. When you travel to the Swamps, place another portal with the same tag to connect the two together. It is the best solution if you are running low on supplies or escaping from a certain boss or enemy.
- Construct a well-armed structure that you can use as a tenable refuge. This is very helpful especially when Swamp foes start wandering near you. It will always keep you safe.
- Use a hoe to raise the dirt in the Swamp’s watery areas. This will expand the walkable areas as well as protect you from the flagrantly wicked leeches.
- If you ever find yourself in the middle of Greydwarf or Troll raid, lead the two factions into the Swamp’s enemies. They will start fighting each other. Indded, whichever remains will be a piece of cake to defeat.
- Before you start roaming in the vast biomes, make sure to drink poison resistance Mead. It will last for a whole 10mins and safeguards you from any potential poisonous foes.
Any questions about Valheim Biomes?
If you need assistance and more tips, please visit our website for more constructive Valheim guides. We’ll happily upload more in the upcoming days.